Some of the "little" things I'm grateful for (and that I'm convinced I couldn't live without) include:
1. Double rolled toilet paper sold in bulk packaging.
2. Duct tape. It fixes EVERYTHING.
3. Nibble calories that don't count, especially at Costco when they hand out free food samples.
4. Plug-in air fresheners for the car to deter man sweat and the ghosts of old farts.
5. Dri-FIT wicking underwear that prevents chafing at the gym. Nobody wants to explain why there's a rash on their crotch.
6. Cheese. It's the international language of love.
7. Stretch pants. 'Nuff said.
8. Undereye concealer, especially after a long night of playing "Name That Tune" with Mr. Insomnia.
9. Bug repellent. My only defense against blood-sucking mosquitoes and the Zika Virus. No worries---I'm too old to get pregnant with anything other than a food baby.
10. Hair dye. It conceals all the grays my children have given me. I've already gone through more rainbow colors than a packet of Skittles.
11. Wine....my bottle of liquid relaxation after a stressful day.
12. Floss. The tight spaces between my teeth are like mini storage compartments. I could live off the trapped food particles in my mouth for a month if I didn't floss regularly.
13. Deodorant. Especially when I'm standing in a long line at Disney World and it's 90 degrees outside.
14. Air conditioning. I live in south Florida, which means the A/C pretty much runs all year long, especially since I'm menopausal.
15. Naps. Now that I'm older, my priorities have changed. Naps are at the top of my list, followed by food, Netflix and sex....specifically in that order.
16. Chocolate, because it makes the world go 'round....and it's cheaper than Prozac.
***WANT MORE MENO MAMA? I'm thrilled to be interviewed on Too Full To Write this week! Check out my funny interview here: https://toofulltowrite.com/2016/09/29/author-interview-marcia-kester-doyle-who-stole-my-spandex-life-in-the-hot-flash-lane/