Now, onto the awards.....the first one I received was the Liebster. I was actually given this one twice by two amazing bloggers: Darla from Mom's World at: http://camomsworld.blogspot.com and Angela at: http://mylifeinthenutthouse.blogspot.com. Normally this award is reserved for a blogger who has less than 200 followers. I'm well over that limit, but I'm accepting these Liebsters because it gives me the ability to return the love to some bloggers who are new to me and who deserve some love. As with any award, there are certain rules that apply to the Liebster:
1. Each nominee must post 11 facts about themselves.
2. Nominees must answer 11 questions the tagger has given to them, and then create 11 new ones to pass down to the bloggers they then nominate.
3. Display award logo on your site and link back to the person who gave it to you.
4. Choose 11 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award on to and link them in your post.
5. Notify your nominees.
Rather than answer Darla's 11 questions and another 11 from Angela, I'm going to shorten this by combining some of their questions for your sake, so you don't fall into a coma while reading this lengthy post. Here they are:
1. What Time Do You Normally Go To Bed? I don't. I'm nocturnal. I was raised by owls.
2. Do You Like Men With Hairy Chests Or Smooth Chests? Wait, what? Seriously? If you must know, I like both. I'm far more interested in the look, shape and feel of a man's hands.
3. Do You Have Any Collections? If you have to ask this, then you haven't been reading my blog. My house is overrun with squirrel paraphernalia. Toss in a bunch of dragons, too, and you get the picture. Obviously both of my feet are NOT planted firmly in reality.
4. What Kind Of Music Do You Listen To? I like old school rock, top 40, country, classical...but I need to listen to dubstep while I clean the house. Currently, my all time fave song is Swedish House Mafia's "Don't You Worry Child". I like to listen to it while I work out at the gym.
5. Did You Go To College, And If So, Did You Graduate? Yes--four years and graduated with a
B.F.A. in Creative Writing. I attended a private women's college in Missouri (my parents knew a hell raiser when they saw one, and decided it would be for my own good to be sheltered away in a school that still had dorm curfews). Little did they know that I spent the majority of my time across the street at the University Of Missouri.....raising hell, just a they feared.
6. Are You Happy With The Way You Life Is Going Now? As much as any middle-aged, menopausal woman can be. But I'd be a lot happier if you sent me a box of chocolates. Oh, and yellow roses. Those are my favorites, too....just in case you needed to know....
7. What's Your Most Frustrating Moment In The Morning? Putting in my contacts. They feel like sandpaper going in and I cuss like a gutter rat every time I do it.
8. What's The Best Job You Have Ever Had? When I was filling in at Poet Magazine as a judge for a poetry chapbook competition.
9. What Is The Worst Job You Ever Had? That's a toss up between telephone operator and dental assistant. Trust me, you don't want to start off your day with a warm, gooey set of dentures in your hand.
10. Why Did You Start Blogging? It was either that or be a Chia Pet assembler.
11. What Do You Like Most About A Man? Humor. Nice hands. And the eyes. I'm a sucker for brown eyes. The make me want to swoon.
11 FUN MENO MAMA FACTS (I've done this stuff so many times now, I think y'all know me better than my own family...certainly more than my kids EVER want to know about me)
* I'm hypoglycemic. I never leave the house without a protein bar in my purse, car or pocket.
* I hate driving. I'd be totally content with a horse and buggy, but only if it comes with air conditioning.
* I'm a really good cook and baker---I just can't eat any of it or else I'll swell up like the Michelin Man.
* The majority of the clothes in my closet are black. Not because I'm goth---because they're slimming.
* I have some colorful ancestors in my family tree, including George Armstrong Custer and Robert R. Livingston.
* I studied hypnosis years ago and am pretty good at it. I used to hypnotize all my friends. It made things pretty interesting around here.
* My husband was adopted---I tracked down his birth mother years ago and helped arrange of them to meet.
* I have a weird fascination with anything related to WWI . I am also a Titanic enthusiast.
* I like cowboys and country boys. I've been heavily influenced by Tim McGraw...what female wouldn't be?
* I don't ride roller coasters. Even Splash Mountain at Disney World is a stretch for me.
Still with me? Here's the 11 questions for the nominees:
1. What's the dumbest thing you've done in the past 6 months?
2. What's your all-time favorite movie and why?
3. What do you consider attractive in a person?
4. What is the one food you've eaten too much of and gotten sick on?
5. What is one of your biggest regrets?
6. What is the ugliest outfit you've ever worn?
7. What's the worst haircut you've ever had?
8. Have you ever owned a Chia Pet or a Pet Rock?
9. Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket? If so, how fast where you going?
10. Have you ever had a bodily function accident while you were out in public?
11. What's your worst phobia?
FINALLY!! Here are my 11 nominees for the Liebster Award:
My next award is the Very Inspiring Award from Gail over at http://Gailsforum.com. Thanks, Gail! Hang in there, folks--this is an easy one. Here's the rules:
1. Display award logo on blog.
2. Link back to the person who gave you the award.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link back to them.
7 MORE FUN FACTS ABOUT MENO MAMA
* I never got asked to my senior prom. No regrets. Spent the evening raising hell with my gal pals in downtown Ft.Lauderdale.
* I'm obsessed with the moon, but not in a creepy, werewolf sort of way. I don't howl at it or sprout
unruly facial hair.
* I almost named my blog, "Margarita Mama." Yes, I love tequila. Don't judge.
* My house and backyard garden are inhabited by friendly "spirits," and I don't mean the alcoholic kind. Don't ask.
* I'm an old-fashioned kind of woman who would love to be June Cleaver for a day because I could really rock the apron, pearls and high heels look.
* My pug licks everybody's knee caps when they sit down on the couch.
* I'd sell my left kidney right now for a Cadbury Egg. I'm dieting, people! What do you expect???
And the 15 bloggers I nominate of this award are:
This last award is fairly new, the Epically Awesome Award, and I received it from one of the funniest bloggers I know and whom I refer to as "Ham Girl" (she knows why). Thank you, Sarah, at:
http://sadderbutwisergirl.wordpress.com. The rules are also easy for this one:
1. Display award logo.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 10 things about you.
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers.
THE LAST 10 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT MENO MAMA:
* I'm a renaissance festival freak. I never miss a weekend when the show is in town, and I own 4 different gowns for the occasion. HUZZAH!
* I love to dance, but seldom get the chance. I joined a gym recently and go to zumba classes. Yeah, this dinosaur can still get low & booty shake with the rest of the ladies in the class!
* Meno Mama has a dark side few people have seen...trust me, you don't want to....bwhahaha!
* I have a terrible fear of drowning. I can't look at a picture of a tidal wave without getting slightly nauseous. No surfing for Meno Mama.
* I wish I had been a teenager in the 1950's just so I could drive around in a pink, 1956 T-bird. One of these days I plan on owning one.
* I purposely try to fatten up everyone who comes to my house to eat. I'm often mistaken for an Italian mother...
* Sometimes I laugh about things at inopportune moments...and then I can't stop. Awkward....
* I love carnivals---the games, the candied apples and the fast rides..as long as my feet don't leave the ground.
Now, the Epically Awesome bloggers I nominate of this award are:
Congratulations to each of you, and to my dear readers if you actually made it all the way to the end of the post without falling into a coma. Now go sprinkle your love on some other, deserving bloggers!