Today is a special day here at Menopausal Mother for several reasons. It's my official SITS day, where I am the featured blogger on their site, and secondly, I'm participating in another Secret Subject Swap with 11 other bloggers, hosted by the lovely Karen at http://www.bakinginatornado.com. First off, let me welcome all of my SITS sisters to my site! SITS is a large blogging community of over 40,000 women sharing tips, support and friendship. The site shares various forums and offers resources for blogging opportunities as well as featuring a new SITS blogger daily. It's a great place to connect with other bloggers, so be sure to check out their site at: http://www.thesitsgirls.com.
I have been participating in Karen's Secret Subject Swap for several months now, and I love the challenge of writing off a secret prompt given to me by another blogger. Today my prompt comes from Sarah at http://themomisodes.com. Her question for me is: "Tell us about a botched Father's Day gift for either your spouse or your own father." I racked my brain on this one but I couldn't think of any Father's Day gifts that were botched, except for the cheap pens I used to buy my father when I was a little kid. And maybe that expensive pirate coat I bought for the Hubs years ago for the Renaissance festival (what can I say? I have a thing for pirates!).
To avoid epic fails on Father's Day, there's plenty of things NOT to give your spouse or your father on their big day. The following is a list of 10 items to avoid next time you're out shopping:
1) Cologne bought out of the trunk of someone's car on the side of the road.
2) Tickets to a Barry Manilow concert.
3) A yearly subscription to Orthopedic Monthly.
4) A box of Rogaine and discount coupons for hair plugs.
5) A matching set of His and Her bejeweled cremation urns.
6) Blue underwear depicting a train across the front with the slogan, "Blow My Horn!" Male thongs are an equally disturbing gift.
7) A case of non-alcoholic beer.
8) A jar of pickled pigs feet in habanero pepper sauce. Or a can of beans, for that matter.
9) A tee shirt that reads: "Just because I have man boobs doesn't mean that I am lactating!"
10) Do not sign him up for the constipation research study advertised on a late night infomercial or the Buy-One-Get-One sale on Fleet enemas at the drugstore.
Still worried about what to get that special man on Father's Day? Show him this list, then offer him a silk, SpongeBob tie and a six pack of generic beer brewed by hog farmers living near a sewage plant. He'll thank you for the best Father's Day ever!
Please be sure to visit all the other awesome bloggers participating in the SWAP today!