1. Your mailbox will be inundated with AARP invitations, LifeAlert ads and sales on cemetery plots.
2. You'll have the memory capacity of a goldfish.
4. You'll never leave the house without aspirin, floss, and antacids.
5. Skin tags and age spots will appear out of nowhere, which means you'll be visiting your dermatologist more often than you visit your friends.
6. You'll check WebMD at least once a day.
7. Your hair will mysteriously disappear from several areas on your body and leave you looking like a hairless cat.
8. You'll need to keep a handy stock of powders and thick creams for relief from chafing.
9. Every room in your house will be equipped with at least one pair of reading glasses, but you still won't be able to find any of them.
10. You'll be a sucker for every "miracle" serum advertised on TV to prevent your face from looking like a peach pit.
11. Most of the money you saved for retirement will end up invested in a good dental plan. Crowns, root canals and gum surgery will take the place of your dream vacation to Niagara Falls.
12. You'll need several shots of espresso to stay awake during the day and a dose of sleep medication at night to avoid playing mattress tag with Mr. Insomnia.
13. Viagra and menthol lubricants will become your best friends.
14. You'll feather your empty nest with extra cats, dogs, and possibly a few stray rodents.
Welcome to the far side of midlife!
****I'm beyond thrilled to have a BRAND NEW POST featured on Purple Clover this week! Check out "The Battles Of The Bulge" here: http://www.purpleclover.com/health/5528--battles-bulge/?icid=pclver%7Cswipehp
Meno Mama was also featured on BLUNTmoms this week with my post, "Ten Lies Parents of Teens Tell Themselves." You can read it here: http://www.bluntmoms.com/10-lies-parents-teens-tell/