3 iPhone Monitoring Apps and Gadgets for Work-From-Home Parents
As more people are resorting to work from home (to achieve a better balance in their lives; to be more efficient; to stay away from office grapevine and so on), it’s time for those who are planning to switch to switch to know the real benefit ad cost of doing so. Undoubtedly, there are way too many hacks available to get a corporate look for your work-from-home business nowadays. However, it’s not rainbows and butterflies working from home. Your employees are scattered everywhere, while you continually strive to keep stringent check on their productivity. It gets worse when your kids come to you whining and crying with tears in their eyes for sibling fights. For all those who say work from home is easy, ask those who have been there through the plight of monitoring their employees and kids.
But with the aggrandizement of technology, monitoring techniques are also getting better. The most widely growing form of monitoring tools is smartphone monitoring nowadays. This simple app can be installed on a device which then uploads phone logs, GPS location, device usage details, and so on, depending on the intricacy and functionality of an app; users can access those uploaded logs from an online control. Then, there are GPS tracking devices that can determine real time location of an individual. If you have been really struggling keeping tabs on too many things, and if you want to focus entirely on your work, check out these three different monitoring apps and devices that can automate much of the monitoring part.
- XNSPY (for employees and kids)
This app is affordable and keeps a strong check on your employees and kids’ digital devices. According to Melissa Joe, who is the digital marketing head at xnspy.com, the app provides those details to the business owners about their employees that traditional surveillance tools can’t.
To understand the aforementioned, we need to look at how XNSPY works; and for that, let’s take a brief walkthrough of the app.
How It Works
To use XnSpy, you will be required to subscribe. Once done with that, you will need to download the app on the device you wish to monitor. The process is simple and fast. With xnspy on your child or employee’s device, you will be able to monitor phone logs, emails, and much more. Check out some of the features of this app:
- You can track GPS location of the target user in real time. You can also view location history logs and create geofences (see below). GPS tracking is particularly important for monitoring your kids, as you can, in the vicinity of your office desk, know where your kids have been roaming. If you are a parent, you would know how important it is to keep checks on your kids’ outdoor activities these days.
- You can monitor (chats, group chats, photos, videos) social media apps like Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Line, Skype, Kik, iMessage, and Tinder. Whether it’s Kids or employees, social media tracking seems inevitable. As parents, you have to ensure that kids won’t be sharing anything inappropriate on their social media accounts, nor would they have unsolicited access to adult or pornographic content.
- You can remotely control a device and includes commands for device locking, remote screenshot, data erase and call recording.
- You can also view all call and SMS logs.
To use XnSpy, you will be required to subscribe to one of its packages. The basic package is available for $8.33/month and the Premium starts from $12.49/month.
XNSPY works with all Android* and iOS devices**.
[Android devices needs to be running Gingerbread 2.3 or higher*]
[iOS devices needs to be running iOS 6.0 or higher**]
- Securus eZoom (for kids only)
What if your child is too young to carry around a smartphone? How you would ensure they are doing fine? Securus eZoom is a location tracking device that you can put in your child’s backpack to get details about their location. You can also create geofences and set alerts for locations that may be deemed inappropriate for their age. Instant alerts will help you get notifications directly onto your smartphone when a child enters or leaves geofenced zones.
How it works
Securus eZoom is a physical device that is placed inside the school bag of your child to monitor their location details. The device uses GPS and carrier network to get precise location details. Securus eZoom weighs around 3 ounces and is just 2.3 inches tall. The outer body is tough and water resistant and can easily withstand your kids’ torture.
The GPS tracking on the device works in three different modes.
- Continuous Mode: The device will be updating your child’s location every 5 minutes. This is eZoom’s default tracking mode.
- Track Mode: With track mode, you will get updates on your child’s location every 30 seconds.
- On-demand Mode: With this mode on, you will only get GPS details only on-request.
The battery life on the device depends on the mode that you are using it in. In On-demand mode, the device can survive up to 21 days, while for other modes, the battery life can fall considerably down to a day or two. There is even an emergency button on the device that your kids can use to alert you about a possible danger. If your teen drives, the eZoom can also measure how fast they are driving and can even send alerts if they are going above the speed limit set by you.
The device itself is available for $99, while there are additional one-time activation and monthly subscription charges too. The device may cost you a lot but it’s very helpful with tracking your child’s GPS location.
If you find eZoom inappropriately chunky and unsuitable, you can also go with PocketFinder. This app is essentially similar to the aforementioned tracking device, but the only difference is that it’s much smaller so that your kids can conveniently carry it around in their pockets.
How it works
To use PocketFinder, the device needs to stay with the person whose location you want to monitor. The device can provide location tracking history of last 60 days which is quite impressive. For parents to access their kids’ location, PocketFinder has a smartphone app that works with all android and iOS smartphones. Check out some of the features of this app:
- GPS location: View your child’s location on Google maps using any smartphone, tablet or computer.
- Tracking: PocketFinder can update you with your child’s location every 2 minutes.
- Geo-fences: Create geo-fences and keep your kids away from unsafe zones.
- Speed Alerts: Get alerts if your child exceeds the speed limit set by you.
- Low Batter Alert: You will be notified if the battery on the device runs down.
- S.O.S Signal: Receive instant alerts if your child finds themselves in some sort of emergency.
PocketFinder will cost you a hefty upfront payment of $149.95, plus additional monthly subscription fee of $12.95.
While PocketFinder or Securus eZoom may be an excellent solution if your child doesn’t carry a smartphone, Xnspy iPhone monitoring app is undisputedly a better option, if they do. You won’t be requiring to buy a tracking device as XNSPY can use built-in GPS of a cell phone that your child or employee may be using. Not just that, it can also be used to track social media activity, phone logs and even for device management purpose. Moreover, it’s cheaper than any other tracking devices and apps available.
Are you a work-from-home parent? Which tracking app/device would you go for?