Why squirrels? Because aside from being ridiculously cute, they're nutty and quirky. They can suck up seeds and nuts faster than a Hoover vacuum, and they have a playful, feisty nature that I respect. They remind me of several bloggers I know. It is in this spirit of nuttiness that I have chosen 10 bloggers to pass this award down to. All I ask is that they name 7-10 quirky facts about themselves, and then pass the award along to 7-10 other squirrely bloggers.
10 SQUIRRELY FACTS ABOUT MENO MAMA
1. I dont like to cuddle while I am sleeping. Don't "spoon" a menopausal woman during a hot flash or you may lose a limb.
2. I always look like I am in mourning because my wardrobe is mostly black. The majority of my underwear is purple. Between the two, I look like a giant bruise.
3. I decided a long time ago that calories don't count if nobody sees me eating them. They're ghost calories.
4. With all the men in my house, I bought stock in Febreze to counteract the mix of gaseous clouds that permeate my home.
5. I burn plumeria incense in my house and pretend that I am in Hawaii. This annoys The Hubs because it reminds him of high school in the 1970's when he couldn't get a girlfriend. He has flashbacks of being a wallflower at basement parties in Missouri when all the other teenagers were busy making out. I've discovered that incense makes a great spouse repellent.
6. I don't flush the toilet every time I pee, and this also annoys The Hubs because he says it gets his nut sack wet when he uses the bathroom after me. I am now being blamed for Wet Ball Syndrome.
7. Now that I have adopted yet another animal and brought it into our home, The Hubs and The Teenager realize that they have just dropped down another notch in the food chain.
8. I don't fly. An I.V. drip with vodka or a Prozac-laced chocolate bar will not get me on a plane, either....but a seat next to Johnny Depp will.
9. Two years ago I didn't know how to turn on a computer. Now I can't turn it off. My addiction has resulted in laundry piles the size of the Himalaya mountain range and dinners consisting of freezer-burned hotdogs sandwiched between stale rolls. I won't even mention that pesky bout of hook worms our pugs recently had....
10. I decided I was drinking too much wine on the weekends, so to counteract it, I bought rotgut wine and mix it half and half with water. Instead of drinking four glasses of wine, I now drink eight. I'm smart like that.
10 BLOGGERS SQUIRRELY ENOUGH TO DESERVE THE AWARD
Be sure to check out my awesome bloggy friends and you'll understand why they deserve this award!
***Meno Mama was recently featured on Generation Fabulous at http://bit.ly/12FAqEQ and In The Powder Room at http://www.inthepowderroom.com/read/momsrock/2013-07-6-good-things-about-raising-teenage-boys.html Please visit the sites, leave some comment love and share it on Facebook and Twitter with your friends. There might be a jar of Nutella in it for you....